Clamp adaptor, handling similar to the standard clamp adaptor. Extends the overall length by 900 mm. Application area: large melting furnaces.
Assembly instructions for gas tight adaptors for Syalon tubes
- Disassemble the adapter. Take the two half rings and the smaller graphite gasket out of the bottom part.
- Put the split mild steel rings around the recess of the Syalon tube (see picture above).
- Starting from the closed end of the Syalon tube, slide the bottom part of the adapter with the BSP thread first, over the tube. Make sure the two halves of the SS ring are around the recess of the Syalon tube when the bottom part of the adapter has been slid all the way up.
- Put the smaller graphite gasket on top of the Syalon tube (see picture above).
- Screw the upper part of the adapter with the larger graphite gasket around the 1” BSP outside thread, on the bottom part and tighten with your hands.