Ceramics from Syalon
Syalon ceramics for engineering applications are established in most parts of the metal industry, especially in the non-ferrous sectors Aluminum, Copper and Brass. The material is also known as Sialon, it offers a wide range of applications:
Smelters and Foundries
- thermoelement protection tube for both, direct temperature sensing in the metal as well as indirect sensing (environment, e.g. furnace wall or roof)
- riser tubes for low-pressure-die-casting processes (e.g. Aluminum wheel manufacturers)
- (immersion-) heater tubes for heating elements, -wires and -coils (protection against erosion and mechanical damages).
- dosing valves, pistons and armatures for the use in pressurized and highly corrosive flow control systems.
- For thermal engineering where corrosion and thermal shock resistant parts are used and tested for:
- thermal shock proof components
- thermomechanichally loaded components
- where highly strong and thermal shock resistant components show improved service behavior: insulators, separation and shielding plates and vacuum and pressure feed through
- where lightweight, highly stiff and long term stable components and structures are needed
- guiding beams for positioning systems
- support and frame for lenses
- housing structures for optical systems